Wednesday, February 10, 2010

“IT’S UNSANITARY!”

I had an experience like no other to this point in my life. In hindsight the general theme of the message the narrator was conveying was spot on, however, the delivery was comical. So with no disrespect intended to the unnamed narrator let me enlighten you.

The Robinson tribe made a pilgrimage south to witness, and participate in, a baby blessing. For those of you familiar with these events, let me remind you these blessings typically occur on fast Sunday.

The testimony portion of the meeting began when a ward elder (denoting generational age rather than office) took the pulpit to recount what he had witnessed on TV sometime prior.

This gentleman relayed with intricate detail what he described as an “open mouth” kiss. Apparently this TV scene degenerated to a point where he told his wife to take note of what was happening. Obviously appalled and maybe slightly confused, she asked her husband what the two were doing to which he replied, “It looks like they’re trying to eat each other!”

About this time, I was struggling to stifle my laughter, but wasn’t quite sure if it was just me and my mood am was in or if this gentleman had gone off script even by the ward’s standards. A quick glance around the chapel led me to believe this type of pulpit discourse was par for the course. This did little to help me keep my laughter inside.

Finally, this seasoned citizen enumerated the woes of such a kiss the first of which was it is extremely “unsanitary”. I’ll concede the remainder of the points he made.

I could no longer contain myself. After the meeting I told Amy we needed to make an appointment to see the doctor and get a shot. The rest of you clowns better get in line behind us!

3 comments:

SheriDawn said...

Josh always makes comments like "that's gross, they're touching where they eat!" To which our kids completely agree at this point. Maybe I'll tell him to mention it next fast sunday.

Danielle said...

Thats too funny! And I thought the Enoch third Ward was as good as it gets on Fast Sunday. What waS I thinking??

Unknown said...

I heard I missed out!