Tyrel listed the following as his favorite things about our Hawaii trip:
- Pearl Harbor and the USS Missouri (aka Mighty Mo).
- Polynesian Cultural Center (he got to drink coconut juice and loved the fire dancer).
- The Dole Pineapple Plantation (the world’s biggest maze in 2001).
- USS Bowfin (aka the Pearl Harbor Avenger).
- Beach Activities (Snorkeling, Body Boarding, Catching crabs).
Erin rattled off her own top five list too:
- Swimming in the ocean.
- Airplane Ride (she slept nearly the entire flight to Hawaii. Amy and I weren’t so lucky on our return trip).
- Tending Cache and Clay.
- Learning the Hula at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
- The baby pineapples growing at the Dole Pineapple Plantation.
Amy gave her fave's about our trip too:
- Without question she loved the WEATHER.
- Being with family and close friends (nothing more HAD to be done).
- All the different beaches on O'Ahu.
- Laie (Polynesian Cultural Center & the Hawai'i Temple).
- The great food on the island (Dole Plantation, luau at the PCC, and the Hukilau.
Finally, I’ll list my favorites:
- Snorkeling (sea turtles, squid, myriad of colorful fish).
- I loved getting away from work and spending time with my family.
- It was good to catch up with Jarod and Stacy, and their boys.
- The Polynesian Cultural Center was fascinating.
- The tours and museums in Pearl Harbor (USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri, USS Bowfin).
P.S. Amy and I learned a couple of interesting things about our kids too. For instance, I didn’t know that the Tomahawk Missile was Tyrel’s “…second most favorite missile.”; Erin’s bum grumbles when it is hungry; Tyrel tried every food and fruit (e.g. mango, raw coconut, poi, coconut pudding, pineapple ice cream) he could find and still couldn’t find a single thing he hated.