Monday, February 16, 2009

Tubing & Sugar Cookies


My dad and mom treated their grandkids to a tubing outing in Brian Head! The weather was perfect with sunny skies and no wind (I know the wind part sounds like a like for southern Utah). I opted to participate myself and was quickly reminded that tubing is much more enjoyable when you don’t have to hike back to the top of the hill before your next run. At times, I even found myself having to take a break so my face could recover from the cold air before my next slide down the hill. The final tally was: nobody got hurt and everyone had fun.


Everyone then met at for turkey dinner at the Robinson house- Parowan version (I just remembered there are three other such houses just in my immediate family. The extended family makes you dizzy, instantly). For the grandkids, of course, this was a necessary event before the real eating started; Mom had baked several sugar cookies that we all frosted, decorated, and inhaled. Martha Stewart would have been proud.

No comments: