Sunday, November 1, 2009


Although the kids will object, Amy and I agree we just experienced the best Halloween ever. Thank goodness for baseball tournaments! On Friday and Saturday, our family packed up to leave the snow and cold in Enoch for a baseball tournament in St George’s warmth and glorious absence of wind! Due to games into late evening followed by demanding and hungry kids, we didn’t make it back in time to answer our door for Trick-o-treater’s. What could be better? All was not lost, Tyrel and Erin still collected holiday loot. The car dealers in town hosted trunk-o-treat on Friday. We were able to take Tyrel and Erin around to these places where they were given treats and even allowed to fish for other prizes.
Erin is the winner for her age group in a coloring contest here in Cedar City. After thinking about it, I don’t know that this is much of a surprise to me. Erin probably spends ¾ of her waking hours coloring and I probably spend ¾ of my waking hours reminding her clean her coloring stuff up. I will admit she has gotten better at this coloring thing as we no longer find coloring evidence on our floors left by a mystery bandit coloring clear off the page. I hope we are not the only family with a mystery coloring bandit whom the parents are never able to catch. I can’t say for certain, but I would bet I have looked that bandit in the eyes before. All joking aside, nobody was more excited about this winning venture than Erin. Amy and I couldn’t be more proud.
It seems Ryann is spending more and more time awake and eating. Most people measure time using a clock to calculate where in a 24-hour cycle they find themselves, we instead measure time from the last time Ryann ate against the next time she will need to eat. This doesn’t give us much wiggle room as far as a schedule goes and has made the planning of family activities trickier. Tyrel loves to be helpful with Ryann related details while Erin loves to be too helpful. I don’t suspect Erin’s helpfulness will expire any time soon.

No comments: